Arlington Square Apartments Office: 228-863-8880/ Fax: 228-863-5971
The above information, to the best of my knowledge, is true and correct. I am not renting an apartment under an assumed name. I am not currently being evicted. I understand to hold an apartment off the market for 72 hours earnest money is required. I understand that the earnest money deposit of $100.00 is not refundable after 72 hours for any reason other than rejection of the application by management. At the time a written lease is executed earnest money will be applied to the security deposit. The lease must be signed and all monies due paid within one week of payment of earnest money or this agreement will be void. I understand that I have acquired no rights in an apartment until this application is approved by an agent of Arlington Square Apartments, a lease is signed & accepted by parties & the security deposit & first month's rent is paid in full. I understand that falsifying information on this application will be grounds for denial/eviction. Application fees are non-refundable.
Arlington Square Apartments
I authorize Arlington Square Apartments to obtain information about me from my credit sources, current and previous landlords, criminal records, employers, and personal references, to enable Arlington Square Apartments to evaluate my rental application.
I give permission for the landlord or its agent to obtain a consumer report about me for the purpose of this application, to ensure that I continue to meet the terms of the tenancy, for the collection and recovery of any financial obligations relating to me tenancy, or for any other permissible purpose.
1. Basic Rental Terms: Applicants must be able to meet our basic rental terms, which include the rent and security deposit, the tenancy start date, and the maximum number of for this rental (two persons per bedroom). We have determined our occupancy guidelines in accordance with Fair Housing Laws.
2. Fair Housing: We will fully comply with the federal fair housing laws and those of the City of Davenport and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, national origin, creed, age or disability.
3. Applications: We require a separate application from every adult who will live in the rental. We will reject applications that contain information that we cannot verify or that are incomplete. We will reject applications that list false information, and will terminate the tenancy of anyone who has made a materially false statement on the application that we discover after accepting the applicant. Only those who have submitted a rental application, and any listed minor dependents may live in the rental unit. Any proposed additional residents (other than minor children) must go through our application process. Assuming the addition of another resident will not result in overcrowding under our occupancy standards.
4. Identification: We will need a current photo ID from each adult applicant. We will need a Social Security number or individual taxpayer's ID number (ITIN) in order to run a credit check.
5. Credit Sources: We will speak with current and prior landlords, current employers, and run a credit check on all applicants who advance to that state of our application screening process. We rent to applicants who have a history of financial responsibility. Our primary means of evaluating an applicant's financial history is a credit report. If you have utility collections, owe past landlords money, or numerous charge offs (in which a retailer gives up on collection attempts) or collections, we may deny your application.
6. Rental History: We rent to applicants who have a history of being good tenants, which includes paying rent on time, being considerate of the rental property and neighbors, and leaving rental property in good shape when vacating. We require satisfactory references from past landlords other than family members. Applicants with unsatisfactory references or a history of evictions within the last seven years will be rejected. Providing a false rental reference will be grounds for denial. Applicants who cannot provide a rental reference from someone other than family, maybe required to get a guarantor/cosigner or pay additional security deposit, unless an exception is required by law.
7. Criminal History: We will ask applicants to list any and all criminal convictions. We will strive to rent to applicants who demonstrate a history of honest (i.e. no charges or convictions of fraud, burglary, robbery etc.), nonviolent behavior (i.e. no charges or crimes of assault or abuse of any kind), and will not, to the best of our ability, rent to anyone whom we reasonably conclude poses a direct threat to persons or their property (i.e. drug charges and or convictions), unless an exception is required by law. We will check available databases, to determine whether applicants have been convicted of a crime. We may hire a criminal background screening firm for this search. This screening will be done subject to restriction on available data. We do not guarantee that the screening will reflect all criminal history or an applicant's current criminal status. We require your written consent for this check. *Examples listed above are not all inclusive.
8. Drug Free Housing: Our properties are drug free and you must be able to state that you do not currently use drugs. We actively participate in the Nets program and give officers full access to our common areas.
9. Minimum Income: Applicants applying as individuals must show income of at least 2.5 times the monthly rent in order to qualify, unless an exception is required by law. Proof of income may include bank statements, pay stubs, verification by the employer, tax returns if self-employed or a combination of these. Full time students or employed persons (making only 2 times the monthly rent) who do not meet the income requirement will require a co-signer who makes 4 times the monthly rent and can meet all of our guidelines. Please note that student loans are debt and not income; however, we will consider any grants or scholarships that do not require payback and can be used to pay rent (i.e. not directly applied to your tuition).
10. Length of Employment: Applicants whose income is based on employment must be able to show that they have been at their current employer for at least six months. Applicants who have not been with their current employer for at least six months for example those accepting a new job, must show that they were with the past employer for at least six months and present a letter of intent from the new employer. Applicants who were full-time students for the last year may substitute that for employment along with a letter of intent from their new employer. Those applicants unable to demonstrate a stable and consistent work history or school history, may be offered conditional acceptance with a co-signer or additional deposit, unless a reasonable accommodation is required by law.
Invalid CAPTCHA. Please enter the characters below.